Carisoprodol may induce certain undesirable side effects in addition to the beneficial advantages it is intended to provide. If any of the negative effects do occur, they may necessitate emergency medical attention. However, not all of the unwanted effects may occur.
Central Nervous System (CNS) Dysfunctions:
Carisoprodol can produce a variety of Central Nervous System (CNS) dysfunctions, including drowsiness, dizziness, headache, ataxia, vertigo, tremors, seizures, agitation, irritability, depressed reactions, syncope, and sleeplessness, among other things.
Arrhythmia, postural hypotension, and tachycardia are examples of cardiovascular disorders, which include abnormalities of the heart and blood vessels.
Gastrointestinal Side Effects
Gastrointestinal side effects are those that affect the gastrointestinal tract and can cause discomforting problems such as epigastric discomfort, nausea, and vomiting, among other things.
Hematologic Side Effects
Hematologic side effects include problems with the blood and blood vessels, such as pancytopenia and leukopenia, as well as other conditions.
If you have any of the following symptoms, consult your doctor right away:
- Throbbing pain in the chest
- Black, tarry stools
- Excruciating chills
- Excessive perspiration
- A racing, pounding, or erratic heartbeat or pulse; or
- Inability to control one’s bladder
- Urination that is painful or uncomfortable
- Jerking or spasming of all of the extremities’ muscles
- Excessive gasping for air
- Sores, ulcers, or white spots on the inside of the mouth or the inside of the lips
- Swelling of the glands
- Complete loss of consciousness in a matter of seconds
- Excessive fatigue or weakness that is not normal
- Bruising or bleeding that is out of the ordinary
In some cases, the drug may cause common side effects that do not necessitate medical treatment. These are listed below. As your body becomes acclimated to the medicine, these side effects may diminish or disappear completely after treatment. Consult with your health-care provider, as they may be able to provide you with information on how to prevent or reduce some of these side effects if you have them.
If any of the following side effects persist or become troublesome, you should consult with your health-care expert.
Common side effects of Carisoprodol
While getting up from a sitting or laying position, you may experience dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness.
- Deep breathing versus rapid breathing
- Mouth feeling dry
- A scratchy throat
- Pupils that are dilated
- The face feels heated or hot to the touch.
- The appearance of redness on the face
- Throat, chest, and upper stomach discomfort are common side effects of this medication.
- Feet, hands, and the area surrounding the lips may go numb.
- The sensation of being thrown around.
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Feeling unsteady, trembling, or having other mobility issues that affect muscular control or coordination
Some of the more serious side effects of Carisoprodol usage and misuse include the development of tolerance, dependence, and addiction, which can result in fatal overdoses, heart attacks, and strokes.
Carisoprodol withdrawal symptoms
Carisoprodol withdrawal symptoms include anxiety and irritability.
It is conceivable that the medicine will cause moderate withdrawal symptoms if it is used exactly as advised by your healthcare professional. In contrast, if the medication is taken in large quantities for an extended period of time, it may result in a dangerous withdrawal syndrome.
- Anxiety and stress
- Muscle twitching and jerking